Work Party

General club information
SteveC
Site Admin

Re: Work Party

Postby SteveC » 01 May 2019, 06:01

nat wrote:Will make ladies who regularly visit club aware of where said key is so they can help themselves.

As for signs:

Stainless Steel Door Sign Female Toilet Symbol 75mm https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ABKTUWI/ ... YCb19M6S5E

Any good?

Thatll do.

Perhaps a combination lock might be easier than a key?
Committee bloke. Daystate. :) TX200. :)
Hammerli. :) Anschutz, hmmm.

nat
Site Admin

Postby nat » 01 May 2019, 06:22

Also good they do that at Springfield. I'll order the sign
Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

Simon H

Postby Simon H » 02 May 2019, 11:32

Oops, I didn’t read the last couple of posts so I went and bought a padlock with a key along with a hasp and staple.

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 02 May 2019, 14:11

Just a thought, do I need to bring a grinder/knotted wire brush as well?

bruno

Postby bruno » 02 May 2019, 18:25

I have some flapper discs that can take paint off the boards, but I dont have any battery powered tools. Can I ask everyone who has a battery power tool to bring it along, with as many fully charged batteries as possible. Other things that spring to mind are:

1) a better way to attach spinners to the boards (someone may have to take the boards home and use a welder)
2) a better way to store the paint brush so that it doesn't dry out (I will bring a new brush with me). They always seem to dry out even though they are stood in water. Do we need a sealed container?
3) I assume we have lots of carabiners to attach strings to targets (broken or missing on several targets)
4) Check knock-up/down targets used on plinking range. Some don't seem to go over (when I hit them!)

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 02 May 2019, 19:06

bruno wrote:I have some flapper discs that can take paint off the boards, but I dont have any battery powered tools. Can I ask everyone who has a battery power tool to bring it along, with as many fully charged batteries as possible. Other things that spring to mind are:

1) a better way to attach spinners to the boards (someone may have to take the boards home and use a welder)
2) a better way to store the paint brush so that it doesn't dry out (I will bring a new brush with me). They always seem to dry out even though they are stood in water. Do we need a sealed container?
3) I assume we have lots of carabiners to attach strings to targets (broken or missing on several targets)
4) Check knock-up/down targets used on plinking range. Some don't seem to go over (when I hit them!)

If Gerry brings his little genny then I I'll bring my angle grinder.

1) "Someone". I wonder who that would be? ;)
3) Yes, loads, recently bought, hanging in the container in a jiffy bag.

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 03 May 2019, 03:31

Just finished the shift I started at 5 yesterday (back in for 3.45 this afternoon) I think that the genny can run 2 grinders, so if somebody has a dual plug extension lead, I'll bring a grinder and wire wheel (if I can find them :?)

Todd

Postby Todd » 04 May 2019, 07:35

Will try to get there but have work in morning then son duties.

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 04 May 2019, 08:57

SteveC wrote:
bruno wrote:I have some flapper discs that can take paint off the boards, but I dont have any battery powered tools. Can I ask everyone who has a battery power tool to bring it along, with as many fully charged batteries as possible. Other things that spring to mind are:

If Gerry brings his little genny then I I'll bring my angle grinder.

1) "Someone". I wonder who that would be? ;)
3) Yes, loads, recently bought, hanging in the container in a jiffy bag.

AFAIK, only 2 members have welders at home ;) The other thought, would be to thread the stems, then drill through the frames and use nuts & washers on the spinner stems (think that the stems are about 5 or 6 mm diameter?) to hold them in place.

As a thought, can the caribiners have swivels fitted? Just that the strings are getting knotted up when winding up to the targets.

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 04 May 2019, 10:07

Right, got the genny, petrol, 2 x 4" grinders and one wire wheel in the car (haven't got a second one) but as there'll be a flappy disc there, can always fit that to the second grinder, but will need a 'splitter' to run a second grinder as my extension lead has a single plug.

Simon H

Postby Simon H » 04 May 2019, 17:13

Good day and we got a few things ticked off the list. I have probably forgot something but main things below.

Lights done in poo house
Lock fitted to ladies loo
Targets refurbed including strings
Wheelbarrows tidied
Zero boards refurbed
Zero board sack barrow fixed

Thanks to Chris, Gerry, Barry, Bruno and Steve for all the work hard work.

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 04 May 2019, 17:13

Typical, left my flask and gloves in the shit shed, oh well, pick them up tomorrow

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 04 May 2019, 17:53

When it warms up a bit, I'll bring those faceplates and posts back, and weld them up, also put on some footpegs so that they don't get hammered like they have been recently, as we discussed.

Lofty

Postby Lofty » 04 May 2019, 18:13

Thanks to Barry for being my apprentice for the day .
AA EV2 Mk4 , Pro-Target Mk3 Ti,
GinB stock HW101 , Tilly Stock Anschutz 9015 HP

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 04 May 2019, 19:15

Lofty wrote:Thanks to Barry for being my apprentice for the day .

You both did a cracking job of it. thumbup
Hopefully the battery is ok. What was the voltage?

Maybe we can try to do the other jobs in the wood and the roofing after shoots?

Simon H

Postby Simon H » 04 May 2019, 19:45

I forgot to thank Todd for turning up and then going home. An invaluable contribution :mrgreen:

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 04 May 2019, 20:23

Simon H wrote:I forgot to thank Todd for turning up and then going home. An invaluable contribution :mrgreen:

Its the thought that counts. :mrgreen:

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 04 May 2019, 21:14

GerryW wrote: I think that the genny can run 2 grinders, so if somebody has a dual plug extension lead, I'll bring a grinder and wire wheel (if I can find them :?)

Nope - wouldn't run two - overload cut-out went straight away :lol: on examining it, it's only a 650W jobbie, still, it kept put-putting along & if needed, it could run all the lights for a winter afternoon - just let me know if it's needed & I can put it in the back of the car

Return to “Club Announcements”