EGM 14th June 2015 - Minutes

General club information
BarryS

EGM 14th June 2015 - Minutes

Postby BarryS » 16 Jun 2015, 21:51

The Extraordinary General Meeting of Iceni Marksmen club members took place at the club on Sunday 14th June 2015.

Chairman :- Bruno Pirollo

Apologies for absence :- Mic Nethersole

The items discussed and outcomes are noted below.

1. The membership was advised of the reasons for Barry Warren leaving the club and for Mic Nethersoles continued absence and what the committee had done to ensure continuity within the committee membership, i.e. the appointment of Natalie Shead as treasurer, Barry Simpson as Secretary and the election of John Lloyd to the committee and the role of safety officer.

2. The membership was reminded that we do not have access to the ground officially, until 9am and that people arriving early would not have access to the clubs
equipment or facilities any earlier than 9am until a committee member or trustee, is on site to unlock the club.

3. Members were reminded of the importance of handing in score cards at the end of every shoot.

4. There was prolonged discussion relating to club security and the latest burglary at the site. A summary is given below.
a. Only serving committee members will be aware of the key safe combination plus one trustee, currently John Curtis. Should a committee member stand down, or
cease to be a committee member for any reason, the key safe combination will be changed immediately. Action - Club Secretary
b. A PIR activated GSM dialing alarm system will be purchased and installed at the club. Action - Steve Carter
c. The effectiveness of remote video/stills recording cameras to be investigated prior to any purchase (Barry Howe's comments noted). Action - Club Secretary
e. Robert Radcliffe, landlord, to be consulted to seek permission to install a security gate halfway along the club access lane, Iceni to pay. Action - Club
Secretary

d. The membership accept the committee acting in the best interest of the club relating to purchase of additional security equipment and measures, without further
consultation.

AOB.

1. There will be an all day work party on Saturday 27th June to complete installation of the toilet facilities, carry out maintenance and repair work to club equipment,
and clear the undergrowth around the shooting lanes.
Club Secretary to obtain landlords permission for access.
2. Club gun hire was discussed in relation to charging a deposit. This was generally agreed, however, no fee level was discussed. Action - Committee
Last edited by BarryS on 17 Jun 2015, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.

SteveC
Site Admin

Re: EGM 14th June 2015 - Minutes

Postby SteveC » 17 Jun 2015, 04:49

4a: plus one trustee, John Curtis.
Committee bloke. Daystate. :) TX200. :)
Hammerli. :) Anschutz, hmmm.

shoes

Postby shoes » 17 Jun 2015, 05:41

Hire of club guns ,thought this was discussed ??

BarryS

Postby BarryS » 17 Jun 2015, 06:48

shoes wrote:Hire of club guns ,thought this was discussed ??

Duly noted and amended

BarryS

Postby BarryS » 17 Jun 2015, 06:54

SteveC wrote:4a: plus one trustee, John Curtis.

Duly noted and amended

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 19 Jun 2015, 04:47

Have we got permission for the 27th work party? A genny needs to be arranged. I've grabbed a load of scrap metal from work for beefing up the padlock box.
Committee bloke. Daystate. :) TX200. :)
Hammerli. :) Anschutz, hmmm.

BarryS

Postby BarryS » 19 Jun 2015, 18:55

Not yet, no. I'm ringing Robert tomorrow. When I spoke to whoever was in the shop though, they did tell me Robert has appointments on site until 2pm, so I doubt we'll get access all day.
I'll ask when I speak to him

Return to “Club Announcements”