Urgent Decision

General club information
Bazza

Urgent Decision

Postby Bazza » 08 Feb 2015, 22:14

Graham Jopson and Barry Mac have been in contact regarding our Winter League round this Sunday 15th. They are a bit concerned about the parking problems at our ground. It was put very nicely by them that an easy way out would be for Springfield to host the round with all proceeds going to Iceni. On reflection, with the shotgunners attending this Saturday and not knowing what time they will be finished and, with just 3 of us committed to laying the course, maybe this would be an easier way out. Let me know your feelings as soon as possible so I can forward your decision to them.

SteveC
Site Admin

Re: Urgent Decision

Postby SteveC » 08 Feb 2015, 22:45

Hmm, I was quite looking forward to hosting another WL round. As for parking, its looking to be dry all week so that shouldnt be a problem.

If we dont mess around with time consuming targets, like the ones up trees I wanted to do, I think we'll be ok.

Who's the three by the way? You, me and BarryS? And why cant any other Iceni WL shooters make it?
Committee bloke. Daystate. :) TX200. :)
Hammerli. :) Anschutz, hmmm.

BarryS

Postby BarryS » 09 Feb 2015, 01:00

I'm easy, Iceni or springfield. As an individual entrant I don't really have a vote (Winter League team decision?). I will be there on Saturday, if it's Iceni hosting.

A couple of thoughts though. If we refuse the offer and someone's car gets damaged we're gonna look proper dicks. Plus, if the shot gunners leave late and volunteer numbers are low, some of us are gonna be late for our tea, again!

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 09 Feb 2015, 07:17

If we are still doing this and if I get home from work while its still light, I'll pop up the club during the week and pin some paper numbers to trees so we know where targets are going. Should save some time.
Committee bloke. Daystate. :) TX200. :)
Hammerli. :) Anschutz, hmmm.

nat
Site Admin

Postby nat » 09 Feb 2015, 07:33

Regarding damage to cars, our juke the frog lights at the front one of the covers got broken yesterday down the ground.

P.S Andy will be able to help Saturday afternoon if we're hosting.
Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

Bazza

Postby Bazza » 09 Feb 2015, 08:50

Ok, so the general consensus is we go ahead with it. Personally, I thought there were far too many targets set at 40-45 yards Sunday, needs a bit of mixing up. So far we have me, Mic (possibly), Barry S., Simon, Steve and possibly Andrew, should be enough. We have to get shooters to use the back part we cleared for parking though, I hope the shotgunners don't chew the parking up any more. I will e.mail Barry Mac and Graham Jopson with a go ahead later today.

nat
Site Admin

Postby nat » 09 Feb 2015, 08:59

My feeling is if the ground is going to be like it was yesterday ... sod it.

Doesn't matter if people are prepared to help. Your call peeps.
Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 09 Feb 2015, 20:15

As a thought, might be an idea to bring gardening forks along & try to aerate the car parking area (along with some of the more soggy areas - 35-45 yard boards & just before the entrance to the woods), & giving it some help to drain - as I'd think that this has never been done, and it's had cars running over it for years, compacting the soil down.

Bazza

Postby Bazza » 10 Feb 2015, 07:37

We can but give it a try Gerry.

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 10 Feb 2015, 20:54

Probably be a fairly long & tedious job, but it's possibly one way to try and get it to drain a bit (being clay, it'd take a lot to drain it properly, but this way might work a little bit)

Return to “Club Announcements”