Round 8 Winter League at Iceni

General club information
SteveC
Site Admin

Re: Round 8 Winter League at Iceni

Postby SteveC » 11 Feb 2017, 10:16

I'm going to buy some cheap bin bags to cover the targets with over night, hopefully it'll stop them jamming with frozen snow.
Committee bloke. Daystate. :) TX200. :)
Hammerli. :) Anschutz, hmmm.

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 11 Feb 2017, 21:33

The bin bag plan didnt work as it seems tescos arent keen on the word 'cheap'. So tomorrow we need to go through the course and check the targets. One person at the target, one on the string. If we can get a few pairs together it shouldnt take long. Other than that its just the stop watches to put on the lanes.

nat
Site Admin

Postby nat » 11 Feb 2017, 21:38

Can save some time and give stopwatches out at the start at the briefing.
Anschutz 9015 Stumpy edition. EV2 Blonde

BarryS

Postby BarryS » 11 Feb 2017, 23:56

I'm afraid I won't be there after all. My apologies. Steve has the details via WhatsApp.
Hopefully only a minor and temporary issue....

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 12 Feb 2017, 05:23

nat wrote:Can save some time and give stopwatches out at the start at the briefing.

Might as well take them when checking targets, and the 'string-checkers' hang them as they check?

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 12 Feb 2017, 18:31

Well that went well. :) So now we have all shot the course, any suggestions or improvements? Just thinking ahead to the GP, not that theres a rush.
I was thinking that as the WL course lane markers are all white we could add extra lanes using black posts, it'll save a walk as theres some biggish gaps.

nat
Site Admin

Postby nat » 12 Feb 2017, 18:42

Graham Jopson said the tower target would get complained about alot on a GP course and it might be worth just lowering it a little. Also apparently target 40 was perhaps a ricochet potential onto the penultimate lane.

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 12 Feb 2017, 18:49

nat wrote:Graham Jopson said the tower target would get complained about alot on a GP course and it might be worth just lowering it a little. Also apparently target 40 was perhaps a ricochet potential onto the penultimate lane.

Not just potential, a ricochet whizzed past me and Dave O'Connor. Easy enough to fix though, theres a clump of tree it can go in to the right of it.

A shame about the tower, I liked that, a proper awkward shot. Maybe lessen the angle but put it on the other side of the tower, so its longer. :mrgreen:

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 12 Feb 2017, 19:59

I personally, like the tower shot, it's awkward, but easily 'getable' - IF you know your aimpoints

nat
Site Admin

Postby nat » 12 Feb 2017, 22:50

Other things to check, GP disciplines combined distances and I believe there is now a rule to prevent no more then 2 25mls to be between 30 and 35 yards. Also the micro elevation. I don't think we had an issue wth the minis or micros in that respect.

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 13 Feb 2017, 19:09

nat wrote:Graham Jopson said the tower target would get complained about alot on a GP course and it might be worth just lowering it a little. Also apparently target 40 was perhaps a ricochet potential onto the penultimate lane.

Was there any reason that Graham gave for the possible complaints - the angle of the shot or was it that the kill was 'reduced' by the angle? If it's just the 'reduced' size, possibly make a 'custom' target where the kill zone is an elipse, so it appears round from the firing line ;) . Most I spoke to about that lane reckoned it to be a 'toughie', but fun

nat
Site Admin

Postby nat » 13 Feb 2017, 19:12

Just the softies on the circuit might kick up a fuss at it being so elevated. Personally I didn't care and I don't have an adjustable hamster unlike most of them do.

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 13 Feb 2017, 19:18

Don't have a hamster, still got it 2 out of 2 (same with Callum ;) ) funny watching some try it though, adjustable hamster full 'down', still can't get the angle, so try it 'unsupported' = miss :P
Though Harry was talking about a comp at Quarry, & some of their shots were the reverse - almost straight down.

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 13 Feb 2017, 20:04

nat wrote:Other things to check, GP disciplines combined distances and I believe there is now a rule to prevent no more then 2 25mls to be between 30 and 35 yards. Also the micro elevation. I don't think we had an issue wth the minis or micros in that respect.

The micros were too high up I think, silly rule.

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 13 Feb 2017, 20:07

GerryW wrote:possibly make a 'custom' target where the kill zone is an elipse, so it appears round from the firing line ;)

I like that idea but not sure if it would be legal as strictly speaking its no longer a 25mm kill. :(

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 13 Feb 2017, 20:15

SteveC wrote:
nat wrote:Other things to check, GP disciplines combined distances and I believe there is now a rule to prevent no more then 2 25mls to be between 30 and 35 yards. Also the micro elevation. I don't think we had an issue wth the minis or micros in that respect.

The micros were too high up I think, silly rule.

The second, possibly, given that (I think) the rule state a horizontal line from the shooters feet when stood at the gate? Rather than from the ground (agreed that it's stupid, but hey ho, we've got to live with it - for now!)

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 13 Feb 2017, 20:24

SteveC wrote:
GerryW wrote:possibly make a 'custom' target where the kill zone is an elipse, so it appears round from the firing line ;)

I like that idea but not sure if it would be legal as strictly speaking its no longer a 25mm kill. :(

True (though it would 'appear' to be) another thought, a 'bent' target - might work if a rat or similar, probably not with a crow, squirrel or rabbit (too much metal above the KZ) - bend below the KZ, the paddle bent & reinforced to match the angle (though it might need some form of counterweight to ensure that it falls with the same impact that a vertical one does) - more I think on this, not sure if it's going to get too complicated :(

SteveC
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » 13 Feb 2017, 20:51

GerryW wrote:
SteveC wrote:

True (though it would 'appear' to be) another thought, a 'bent' target - might work if a rat or similar, probably not with a crow, squirrel or rabbit (too much metal above the KZ) - bend below the KZ, the paddle bent & reinforced to match the angle (though it might need some form of counterweight to ensure that it falls with the same impact that a vertical one does) - more I think on this, not sure if it's going to get too complicated :(

I have an idea in mind. :)

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 13 Feb 2017, 22:36

That sounds promising! :lol:

GerryW

Postby GerryW » 21 Feb 2017, 20:04

SteveC wrote:
GerryW wrote:
SteveC wrote:

I have an idea in mind. :)

GerryW wrote:That sounds promising! :lol:

And it was!

Return to “Club Announcements”